Sunday, September 19, 2010

Zucchini Lasagna

I made this pasta free lasagna tonight because I'm back on the eat right, eat clean kick so I thought I'd share.  It's actually quite tasty!  I didn't even notice there was no pasta in it!

Ingredients
2 large zucchini cut lengthwise
8 oz part skim mozzarella cheese
2 cup low fat cottage cheese
2 egg white
Ragu light tomato and basil
1 pound of lean turkey, beef, or chicken.  I used Turkey.
garlic, salt, pepper


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cut your zucchini lengthwise in 1/4 inch strips so that you have 18 strips total.  This is your pasta.  Season with garlic, salt, pepper, and sprinkle with olive oil then cook in oven for about 15 minutes.
Cook meat and sauce until done
combine cottage cheese, egg whites, and seasoning in separate bowl, set aside.
In a 9x13 pan, spread 1/4 cup of meat sauce on the bottom
Layer with zucchini
Add a layer of cottage cheese mix
Add a layer of meat sauce
Sprinkle with mozzarella
Repeat two more times

cover with foil and bake in oven for 30 minutes.  Remove foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
Makes 9 servings

Then you can ruin the whole eat healthy process like I did by adding fattening garlic bread. 

And some pics:








Nutritional info:

  1 serving = 190 calories, 7 grams of fat, 10 g carb, 21 g protein





The end. 

No comments: