Friday, September 17, 2010

Gearing up for Christmas

I can 't even believe September is almost over.  What the hell is happening to this year?!  It's flying by WAY to fast.  I wish I had that awesome stop time ability like on Sabrina the Teenage Witch so I could just do the shit I need to do and not have to rush around like a crazy person! 

So I'm already (a bit late) gearing up for Christmas.  This is the year I finally get to host...I've been dreaming about hosting Christmas since I was a little girl..some girls dream of their wedding..I dream of hosting family Christmas Griswold style.  My grandmother hosted the BEST CHRISTMASES ever known to man and my best memories are from cooking with her and my mom, and preparing to feed a large family.  We had great times and wonderful traditions.

I am so.flipping.excited about this.  BUT this means I have to move my ass on making Christmas gifts!  I"ve made my list, checked it twice...but last time I checked, I don't have any stinkin elves hiding in the closet so it's just me and my sewing machine.

Here is a little sneak peak at what I'm inspired by...

811050 Vera Wang Wool Nylon Black Dark Grey Heather 58" Wide 
Beautiful Vera Wang Wool Nylon...DROOL.  I wonder what this is going to be and who it's going to be for?  

Plaid Christmas taffeta with metallic threading...This is going to be Addy's Christmas dress...I'm inspired by a couple of looks but I'm mainly looking at copying the design this dress from Crazy 8:
The rest is going to be a secret...I do have at least TWO people who read this blog and those two are probably family and thus recipients of my attempts at sewing.  And I never like to give presents away early.  :D 
The hard part about this process is figuring out exactly what I want to make for everyone because I keep changing my mind whenever I come across a new pattern.  NOT to mention I still want to make A's halloween costume and Thanksgiving dress.
Maybe I"m taking on too much and SHOULD in fact hire some elves.




Cheers,
Liz

No comments: