Thursday, September 30, 2010

Say hello to my little friend...

I received it in the mail Tuesday via Amazon!  I'm so excited about this machine.  It has 70 stitches and came with 10 presser feet and a large quilting table attachment.  There is a lot that this machine can do that I don't know how to yet, but the manual seems to be pretty easy to understand.  I"m not sure what the deal is with the puppy dog photo...I guess you can add your favorite photo in the frame...that's kinda weird but whatever.   I bought refurbished to save money and I was hoping I didn't get suckered by that move.  So far I haven't noticed anything off so YAY for a GREAT deal! 

I had some baby gifts to make and I need to get started on Christmas gifts so I've been sewing all week and here are the results so far:

Taggie Blankie

Baby boy matching flannel bottoms:
So far this machine is great!  It's quiet, it's smooth.  It's electronic...  With so many stitches to choose from I didn't quite know where to begin, but I basically just used my straight stitch and the zig zag.  The machine came with an over-stitch presser foot so I can get a Serger like look for a finished edge.  I LOVE it.  It even has a blind hem stitch presser foot for hemming. 

My next project is Addy's Thanksgiving jumper.  I want to try to add applique and am a little nervous about that.  But the machine is supposed to have a monogramming foot and monogramming stitches so I guess I'll have to learn fast. 

No comments: