Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My Vogue book


So I found these books at half price yesterday during my lunch break.  All day long I was thinking about that Vogue book and couldn't wait to get home to go through it.  I was like a kid anticipating Christmas.  Not only am I a freak about fabric, I'm also a freak about books- especially old books.  Not sure why- the smell maybe?  There is just something about books that bring me comfort and happiness comparable to the buzz you get from a good glass of Pinot.  
I get home, immediately pull out my "new" vintage sewing book and discover that it is a first edition print in PRISTINE condition.  This book has never been used.  It smells so amazing I want to sleep with it.  The pages are perfectly stiff and make that wonderful whoooshing sound when they are turned.  This book has EVERYTHING a person ever wants to know about garment construction.  But now I face a dilema.  I can't obviously pour through this thing and use it as my textbook as originally planned when all I want to do is wrap it in plastic and lock it away....Is it worth anything?  Not really.  But it is to me. 
Off to Ebay where I discover that I can get a used copy for about 2 bucks so I guess I will just have to buy two. 
Cheers,
Liz

4 comments:

Jill @BabyRabies said...

What a great find, Liz! That deserves a spot on display in your home. Maybe in a sewing room/craft room one day?

Unknown said...

I know! I'm so excited about it.

Mama Manda said...

SOooo jealous! Wanna see it! =)

Unknown said...

Manda, I almost called you over. LOL.