Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Uniform Skirt...

...is done!

I used THIS tutorial and modified it a bit to create Addy's uniform skirt.  I decided to add shorts underneath so I used this tutorial for the shorts and then combined the two right before I added the elastic waistband.

Let me just say, pleating is hard for me.  I had to take this thing apart and rework the pleats quite a few times until I got it right and even then, after I sewed the side seams, I had to rip them out and rework the pleats...alot of ripping and resewing...but I'm learning!

I'm quite pleased with the end result and am glad I used the elastic waistband because it's very easy to get off and on for quick changes..especially since we are in the midst of potty training hell.

Addy loves her "princess" skirt and enjoyed twirling around the living room in it!  I had to bribe her with a jellybean to get a decent pic.  Whatever works, right?

Have a great day!

-Liz

No comments: