Friday, March 26, 2010

TADA!

The TShirt dress project:
I know, I know NOT BAD right?  LOL well, if I do say so myself... 
All kidding aside- sort of.  I was happy with how it came out at this stage...I could have just hemmed the sleeves and neckline and been done with it....then I started looking closely....then my need for perfection kicked in...and THEN I decided that I had to REDO the skirt and add sleeves and a collar.  ALL of which I had no business doing because well this is my THIRD project and sleeves?  Really?  That's a little advanced.  BUT I did it anyway and ruined the damn thing.  Greeeeaaat.  

I turned it into this.  Complete with holes everywhere where I pulled the seams out.  Sigh.  I suck.  Look at those sleeves....pure floppy awesomeness.  I don't know what's going on with the collar- and the skirt is now all angly and holy.  Rock on.


Oh well.  It's now a nice gown.  Addy loves it anyway because anything with Elmo and Cookie- no matter how hideous- is like fascinating rare art in her eyes.  I love how easy to please she is. 

I learned a lot though.  Like knit sucks to sew with and tears easily.  And how not to add a ruffle skirt...I sewed it on backwards at first.  Oops.  Oh and just leave well enough alone. 

I might revisit this project again...we'll see.  :)

Next up...shirring!!!  I've gone sew crazy!

No comments: