Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And since I'm back on processed food...

I created this AWESOME dinner on Sunday.  Because I was too lazy to cook everything healthy and stuff and sometimes powdered cheese is A-OK in my book.

You will need:
1/2 to a 1 pound of sirloin
1 box of AuGratin Potatoes  (Generic Kroger brand $.99!!!!)
1 cup frozen cooked peas

I had some lean sirloin so I cooked it up to medium rare.  Then I sliced it into bite size thin pieces.  I added a box of AuGratin Pototoes, the powder cheese packet, 2 cups of water and 3/4 cup of milk and brought it to boiling stirring frequently.  Then I covered and simmered for 20 minutes until the fake potatoes were done.   THEN to get a damn vegetable in there so I didn't feel so bad I added some cooked frozen peas.

CAN I just say that this is the new gourmet Hamburger Helper?  Except it doesn't have hamburger...because you know since it's sirloin...it's gourmet.  But I guess you could use hamburger if you wanted too.  Or chicken.  Or whatever meat you had on hand.  Hell use spam if it tickles your fancy...ok wait...don't use spam...that's just nasty.

AND Addy ate it ALL up and wanted more.  Even the peas.  Yes people she ate peas.  Heheheheh  I love being sneaky with her vegetables.

No comments: