Friday, May 28, 2010

Addy's Birthday Party!




We had Addy's Birthday party last weekend and I was super excited to handle all the details myself.  It's really a time consuming thing to do - serving food and cupcakes to 30+ people but I had a blast doing it and saved SO much money... even if I had to rush around like a hyped up kid on too much sugar.  I spent the day before (after work of course) preparing all the food and making cupcakes.  Then the day of was spent decorating (thanks to my sister) and finishing and organizing all the food.  I was tired!  

We had it at a local park which worked out great for the kids.  Addy had about twelve of her friends show up and everyone had a great time.  My only problem was that it was so windy we almost lost all the food and the cupcakes!  You would have thought we had her party in a wind tunnel instead of a pavilion.  But the wind died down and I didn't lose any cupcakes, so I could finally breathe and watch a bunch of two year olds party down.

Cupcake anticipation...


Addy has kind of a thing for cupcakes so she guarded her stash with all the intensity a two year old can muster.  Which was quite surprising.  She refused to leave that spot for the entirety of the party.  I think I've figured out how to make a two year old sit still for an extended period of time.


We are still working on the concept of sharing. 
I take full credit for this look.  Full credit.  


She became very bashful when everyone was singing to her.  It was precious.


Finally!  She got her cupcake.  All is right with the world.  I guess I should also add that her Aunt (my sister) decided to sneak her cupcakes when I wasn't looking.  Talk about a sugar infused ball of crazy.  She was wired!  Next time I'll have to be a bit more strict on the sugar patrol.

She was exhausted after this party.  She had a great time running around with her friends and playing on the slides and swings.  AND she took a two and a half hour nap when we got home, which translated into a two and a half hour nap for ME.  

I'm not gonna lie when I say that I'm kinda glad that it's over.  Whew!  What a lot of work!  But so worth it for that strawberry frosting face above.

No comments: