Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Thelma

My mother in law passed away this month.  She had been in and out of the hospital with complications this past year and was rushed to the ER with more complications at the end of April.  A beautiful and sassy woman, she always seemed to me, to keep her head up and diminish how bad things actually were or how bad she actually felt.  I never heard her complain.  She touched the lives of many people and had many relationships that spanned over 40 years!  That to me says a lot about her character.  She will be missed terribly by many.  It was nice though at her service to meet so many people who loved her.  Even though it is sad, the service was more of a celebration of her life and who she touched.  I am grateful that I've had the wonderful opportunity to meet her family and friends. 

My husband is taking it in stride, but it's hard.  He misses his mom.   He's very hard to read when dealing with emotion, but I can see how hard this has been for him. 


Thelma "Scottie" McGrath

No comments: