Thursday, August 26, 2010

Low fat chicken salad recipe

Ok my dieting friends, I made up this recipe last night and it's actually pretty tasty so I thought I'd share.

 I've cleaned up my diet a LOT and have omitted processed foods and even *gasp* cheese.  For anyone that knows me, cheese is a staple in my life and always has been.  I thought I would never survive without it, but amazingly...I feel GREAT eating like this.   I hadn't realized that diet had such an effect on mental well being.  I can't even begin to describe how my moods have evened out, I have so much more energy, and I just feel good.  Eating cleaner has really changed how I look at food.  Here's a reference if you are interested:  http://www.eatcleandiet.com/


Anyway- here's the recipe.  Enjoy!

  
2 chicken breasts (about 6 oz a piece) 
1/4 cup celery- diced
1/4 cup pecans- chopped
2 TBS of reduced fat olive oil mayo
2 TBS of non fat plain yogurt
Salt, pepper to taste
Cook your chicken with Pam and coarsely chop or put in the handy chopper
dice your celery and pecans and add to chicken
add rest of ingredients
mix it all up and season to taste!
Makes 4 servings
Nutrition per serving
Calories  217
Fat  7.5g
Sat Fat 1.1g
Cholesterol  43.9mg
Sodium  152.6
Potassium  355.5
Carbs  19.8g
Fiber  1.8g
Sugars  13.7g
Protein  18.7g


No pics because I ated it.  :)
It was good!  I paired it with a low carb pita pocket and spinach and it's very fulfilling!

I really think I'm going to experiment with this next time and sub Greek yogurt and remove the mayo completely.   

No comments: