Monday, February 1, 2010

So this may have been a fluke...

But I *think* Addy counted to twelve this weekend. Which was shocking. My mouth is still agape. We were cleaning the bathroom together, and when I say cleaning I mean I was cleaning while Addy threw every toy, towel, piece of clothing, shoes, and whatever she could find into the bathtub...

Anyway, she was distracted so I started counting and said "one" and she answered "two" so I say "three" and she answers "four" and we continued like this ALL the way up to twelve. TWELVE. Is that even possible for a twenty month old? I was shocked, proud, and looking at her like she was some kind of alien kid sent from outer space with some weird genius intelligence that I would never comprehend. Okay a little dramatic...but still..OMG.

But the kicker is that when I tried to show Jim the brilliance that we have created, she couldn't recall all the numbers in the correct order and WOULD not perform as I asked (hmph- sassy kid) so I couldn't get the "proof" that every mom (admit it- you all do it) does in order to brag to family members and friends. But *I* know what happened. I was there. :D

What this means is that I will desperately be shoving the video camera in her face until I catch this on film...which also means that she will stubbornly refuse to count- at all... period - because she doesn't perform on command. She's cool like that. It's a vicious cycle....

No comments: