Thursday, February 18, 2010

New Recipe!

I like to cook. Love it, actually. I'm not a fabulous cook, I'm decent, but love it anyway. Having a toddler who refuses to eat any sort of vegetable (I'm convinced it's because of the color) is annoying at times, so I have to get creative and sneak the vegetables in so she doesn't realize she's eating them. It works with things like chicken nuggets and fritattas but I need new ideas. So after reading this FABULOUS blog called Annie's Eats: (http://annies-eats.com/) I was inspired to try a new recipe.

I have no idea what these would be called because I just threw it together so bear with me.

1 can of crescent rolls (biscuits or pizza dough would work well, also)
Sliced Turkey
Cheese
Vegetable (I used spinach)

I took the crescents out and separated them and then trimmed each crescent to make a square. I added turkey, cheese, and a little spinach and then folded dough around to make a pocket.
I baked at 400 for 11 minutes or so until they were golden brown and viola! It's a baby hot pocket! AND...this is the best part...they are PORTABLE. My messy kid ate one on the couch and didn't make a huge mess! These can be premade and frozen for sure.

I'm now imagining all sorts of possibilities. Pepporoni pizza, crab meat, hamburger, chicken. Just add your favorite cheese and favorite vegetable! These would make great appetizers as well and hold on...even BREAKFAST! I'm sure you could add some cheese, bacon, and scambled egg as well.

And the best part is that my kid ate spinach and asked for more later. Here's a pic I took, sorry about the quality it's from my phone.


Even Jim loved these, and they took about next to nothing to throw together. Next time I might use canned pizza dough as there is more of it and it might be easier to use.

No comments: