Monday, August 31, 2009

It's potty time!

It's amazing to me the things I get excited about now that I'm a mom. Before I became a mommy, a baby's bathroom behavior really didn't interest me much. I would have laughed at myself as I am now.

Addy came toddling into the living room yesterday frantically pointing at her diaper and saying "diapee" babble babble babble "peepooo" babble babble. It took me a few seconds to realize that she was trying to tell me that she needed to go poo! Even typing this is making me laugh out loud as it's not really something to stop the presses about but I'm SO excited! I grabbed her up and let her know how proud I was of her for telling me. Poor kid was trying to do her business and mommy keeps going on and on and making such a big deal about it. There is no modesty when you are a toddler. I'm not sure if she's ready to start potty training, but it's a start. At least she's aware enough now to let me know what's going on! I'm so proud. :) It just makes me realize how much she's growing into such a little girl and catching on so quickly to her surroundings...plus I can use this post as payback when she's sixteen and acting out. :)

No comments: