Thursday, July 8, 2010

Fourth of July!

Finally! A got a chance to celebrate the fourth of July!  Last year she was very sick with a virus- which was really not fun at all.  This year- we decided to stay local and take it easy.  I felt that she needed a festive July 4th outfit and had some cool fabric given to me by my neighbor so I made her this:


This is what I get for sticking the camera in her face.   You have to be sneaky when getting pics with this one.

Okay much better.  

First tailgate experience!  I think she liked it.

And now for her very first fireworks show!!!  I was way more excited than she was...
As you can tell by the look of disgust on her face....

Here is how the conversation went:
Me:  OOOOOOHHH look at the fireworks!!!!!  DO you like the FIREWORKS??!!!!
A:  NOoooo.  Want go night night!!

Hm.  The ONE time my kid wants to actually go to bed.
Oh well. At least I had fun.

I made the outfit using a combo of a pillowcase dress pattern and a shorts pattern.  Then I just shirred the bottom of the shorts to create the bloomer effect. 

Hope everyone had a happy 4th!